Fashion Transition #1 The LBD

Who said the little black dress is just for evenings?


 Okay so maybe I'm already breaking some rules a little bit as this isn't really a 'regulation' LBD (if there is such a thing) with a hi-low hem and a big line of gold hardware draped down the bodice, but it is black. So we shall persevere..

I thought I would start with a LBD. It's the epitome of night-wear (not in the pyjama sense) as it is simple, chic and if you get the right fit extremely flattering. The piece I'm featuring is from Republic's Crafted label. It's strapless, with a fitted bodice which then loosely falls out into a high-low hem. 
Day:
I love wearing my hair down during the day. As it is naturally poker-straight, there is very little maintenance required, so I slung a peach coloured flower headband to hold the stray wisps out of my face, and let  my bright Models Own Lilac nails be my accessories. Easy.

Night:
I rooted around to find my New Look beige lace up wedges (which I absolutely adore and searched many a shop to find!) to instantly add a bit of evening to the dress. I popped my hair into a top-knot and kept it messy to tie in the slightly grungy feel to the dress. To tie in the gold hardware, I added my gold collar necklace from H&M to fill in the empty space where my collarbone is. Wicked!

..and that's my first post done! This seems a bunch more formal than my usual clothes calculations but I hope you find it informative - let me know if there is anything which you think might improve this for the future, this is very much a beta-testing phase! 

Thankyou so much for your continued support and a big smiley hello to all my new followers - you're all just super! ^.^
flawedfairytale xox
You may also like:

29 comments

  1. I love this dress! So pretty with the floral headband!
    Rachael x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! ^.^ I love the headband, I really need to wear it more! xox

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dress!

    www.studdedkisses.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. LBD looks so lovely on you, and summery!! :-) lovely outfit post new follower
    http://kimiandme.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a lovely blog here! And i love the way you've styled your dress! Thank you for your comment! xx

    http://www.heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou so much - that's lovely to hear ^.^ xox

      Delete
  5. This is gorgeous on you! I love a bit of black clothing no matter what time of the year it is :)
    Amy xx
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha glad I'm not the only one!! ^.^; xox

      Delete
  6. lovely dress :) nice pics <3

    NEW POST:
    fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de
    xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you took the dress from day to night! You know it's a piece worth buying if it's that versatile! The floral crown is just so darn cute! :) xx

    Have a great day,
    Carly

    www.stylesnapshot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Makes the purchase entirely justified! xox

      Delete
  8. Love it girl! Hope you'll check out my blog! Having a giveaway too :) www.loveolia.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. amazing dress, you look so pretty! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    kisses and have a nice day,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. this dress is awesome!

    xx

    http://21zclothing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the flowers in your hair:) LBDS are a must have, I got a gorgeous summer little one from H&M in the sale for £10 which I literally havent taken off!

    Lots of love, Em x

    emtalks.co.uk
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3934124/emtalks

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful dress! The floral crown works really well with it too!

    Kathryn x
    enclosedbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the day outfit even though the dress is black it's still really summery!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the floral headband, I am obsessed with mine at the moment x

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. A great dress for day and night, xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post dear! :)

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I appreciate your sense of style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.