What I’m Wearing: Cheltenham Races Ladies Day '15

One phone call Friday afternoon + one colour challenge set + one weekend to create a look = WHERE ON EARTH ARE ALL MY COLOURED CLOTHES?!


The challenge: To create an outfit for the Cheltenham Races in conjunction with Ladies Day on the 11th March, under the campaign of #ColourMeMarch, an incentive for ladies to have their outfits laced with lashings of bright colours, vivid hues and textures.

As a girl that favours black pieces over anything of remote vibrancy, I threw caution to the wind (along with my warehouse of black clothes) and got to work straight away.

There is no dress-code at the Cheltenham Races. Whether you are dressing to impress, dressing for comfort or just being practical about it all, anything goes. So, with that in mind, I opened my wardrobe.

These River Island Cigarette Trousers poked their legs out at me straight away. They're covered in flowers; berries, birds and leaves - all things spring - and as the event is in March, it seems the perfect way to wave hello to the new season with the help of my legs as a wonderful assistant.


They're covered in rich purples, blues, oranges and acid green, and are quite possibly the noisiest item I have in my possession - and, to be honest, it didn't take me long to notice the colourful anomaly in my wardrobe against the backdrop of black.

As I had chosen a base of trousers, I wanted to continue with the powerful structure of the outfit, so searched for a simple but defined top to tie the pieces together.


I opted for a White Shell Top from Glamorous (similar here), with a high neckline to continue with the elongation of the outfit. The arms and neck are piped with black, echoing the waistband of the trousers, so I poked the two together and they became the best of friends..or just decided to stick together long enough for the time I wore them. Just like good clothes should.

I then found some bright White Patent Courts, rolled up and tucked the trouser legs a little higher (forever a victim of short girl problems) and threw on the brightest red lip I could find - this was Rimmel's lipstick in #01. I popped that, my phone and cards into an Acid Green Clutch from Accessorize for a final sweep of vibrance, and continued outside to road test the creation and battle with the elements..


..and had no issues whatsoever. Sure, my hair flew away, but it returned back to its normal stomping ground when the gusts subsided, but my outfit stayed together and looked sleek and finished no matter what mphs were joining me.

Dressing is about having fun, leaping out of comfort zones and clothing yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident. With the help of #ColourMeMarch I have stepped away from my usual uniform of black and monochrome, and celebrated colours I never usually get to wear in my day to day.

Splash yourself with a colour you wouldn't normally choose and see how it makes you feel. And in any case, it's always lovely to have an excuse to dress up a little bit, even if it is just in your back garden for now.

Get involved too at #ColourMeMarch

You may also like:

32 comments

  1. I love those trousers they are so my style I am massively into bold prints
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're a great statement piece that doesn't require much effort - they're so up my street! X

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely outfit, you look absolutely stunning Lucy x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thankyou! I'm struggling not to wear them everyday, haha! X

      Delete
  4. The trousers are beautiful! I love the style of cigarette pants so will definitely be checking those out next time I'm in River Island!
    www.missmollyema.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do - they have so many different patterns and colours in this cut, I need to grab more of them! X

      Delete
  5. You look amazing in colour, you should wear it more often! I know how you feel, I also have a predominantly black wardrobe x
    lilacfumes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou Chloe - I am a creature of habit but should wear colour more often! X

      Delete
  6. I love your outfit! Those pants are amazing :)

    XX, SS || A Little Seersucker Sass

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stylish, amazing look!

    http://carinazz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look great! And those pants are just gorgeous! Like I want them...like now.

    xx Bash | Bash Says Hey | bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I definitely think you should buy them - link is in the post! x

      Delete
  9. Such a beautiful, Spring look! I'm loving those gorgeous trousers.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, Tara! They hold a special floraly place in my heart! x

      Delete
  10. Loving your pants - I would totally wear those!

    xo Mel || Sketch & Scribbles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pants look fantastic! I really, really like the whole look! Looking stunning!
    xx

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thankyou so much, very kind of you! X

      Delete

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.