8 Reasons Why Autumn Is The Best Season



It’s official: summer’s over. Not feeling ready to part with the long days, beach parties and iced coffees just yet? Don’t fret: there’s a lot to look forward to this autumn.

#1 The Pumpkin Spice Latte

 Let’s start how we mean to go on, and share a moment for the beloved PSL.
 
The PSL is like the perfect fall fling: you can guarantee it’ll be there to give you a hug of pumpkin-warmth when you’re feeling cold; it will most definitely join you in watching whatever series you are up to on Netflix without judgement, and most importantly, it will pose with pride in your selfies so it can show off its kick-ass new cup design.

Pumpkin Spice Latte, you get a gold star from us (and an endless stream of orders, too).



#2 Candles. So. Many. Candles.

Autumn is the best time to raid Bath and Bodyworks for all its worth, and wipe the shelves clean of their Pumpkin Pie, Cranberry Pumpkin, Vanilla Pumpkin Marshmallow, Pumpkin Pecan Waffle and Triple Pumpkin Deluxe Pumpkin (with added Pumpkin) candles, because who doesn’t want their home to smell like a cosy just-baked pie?

Disclaimer: the Triple Pumpkin Deluxe Pumpkin (with extra Pumpkin) candle does not actually exist, but I’m sure if you light all four listed above, it would probably smell something like that.

It’s all about layering those fragrances.

#3 Leaves


Candles not your thing? Hop outside and into a pile of crisp, golden leaves and feel like a child again.

(But then again, if the outside isn’t your thing either, there’s also a Leaves candle to make you feel like you’re outdoors when you’re actually indoors. Magic.)

#4 Blanket-chic

Goodbye crop tops, denim cut-offs and strappy bralettes, and hello chunky sweaters, fluffy cardigans and cosy blankets.

Now is the season when you can legitimately get away with throwing a blanket over your shoulders and no-one will bat an eyelid (and if they do, they’re probably just sad that they left their blanket at home, and as a consequence are freezing in the polar temperatures).

Don’t get cold this autumn: wear your blanket with an edge of ‘just stepped out of fashion week’ pride.

#5 It’s Bobble Hat Season 

 Also known as ‘the period of time where you can give off the illusion of having amazing hair all season long’, because any mistakes are corrected with the glorious bobble hat and literally no-one will have a clue.

To all the bobble hats out there – on behalf of all the awkwardly slept on and why-wont-you-straighten bits of hair, we salute you.

Thank you for saving us all from hours of grief wrestling with a straightening iron.

#6 Vampy Lips

The change in season means a change of color in our makeup palettes, and now that bright corals and peachy tones are out, dark vampy lips are back in.

The beauty of the dark lip is that it does all the hard work for you – you look put together and chic in one simple sweep of the bullet, meaning you can get away with minimal makeup everywhere else (which also means a lot less time getting ready in the morning, and even more reason to stay up watching Netflix to the early hours).

It’s honestly a win win.

#7 Halloween

Although we may not strictly be of Trick or Treat age any more, that won’t stop us from having fun over this holiday.

It’s an excuse to have some fun with DIY costumes, special effects makeup and strip upon strip of fake eyelashes.

Channel your inner ‘Mean Girl’ this year and dress like a mouse. Duh.

And when you think you’ve finally had enough of all the pumpkins, Halloween sweets and fallen leaves, remember:

#8 It’s Totally Nearly Christmas

And the festive season is oh-so great.


Follow
You may also like:

26 comments

  1. Autumn really is one of my favourite seasons, for so many of the reasons you've posted here. I posted a really similar post to this on my own blog the other day and mentioned a lot of the same things :) Autumnal candles truly are the best kind, and I've never seen the Pumpkin Pecan Waffle one before but oh-my does that sound amazing!! I need to track one down. And so much agreement for the bobble hat, I pretty much live in mine from October onwards and love how it hides my rubbish flat hair and makes it look so much better - amazing! A lovely post :)
    Nicole xxx
    Life in Ginger

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole this is such a lovely and thoughtful message - thank you for spending the time on it! I also have extremely flat, fine hair and nothing will make it poof - apart from static, and that is even worse - hats are the saviour for sure.

      Popping over to read your blog now :) x

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with all of these, autumn is the best season! Candles make everything seem more cosy, and I love all the fall foods like apples and squash...mmmm! Great post!
    xo Kiki
    http://colormekiki.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kiki, I totally agree. I light a candle most hours just because they make me feel cosy and warm! X

      Delete
  3. I agree 100% Autumn is my favorite season by far for all of the reasons you've stated! There's nothing like throwing on a comfy sweater and relaxing drinking a nice pumpkin spic latte :)

    I hope you have a fantastic day and start to your weekend, beauty!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jalisa - I'm glad you agree! I've got a blanket and candle with me right now!! x

      Delete
  4. i definitely agree, i adore autumn! nothing better than PSLs & halloween! x

    Becky | BCKY.CO.UK

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is the best season and I can definitely infinitely go on about why, but you definitely hit all the highlights <3 I'm about to go candle shopping soon---so excited~
    xxx
    She Will Be

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to go candle shopping too - or, at least I think I do..we always need more candles! ;) x

      Delete
  6. I wish I could experience the same October! In Florida, we don't quite get the same autumn feeling. When I lived in Massachusetts it was my favorite season though!
    xoxo,
    Kylen

    Kylen Every Wear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh totally - we may get the cold seasons but our summer lasts about 1 day haha! x

      Delete
  7. Candles are my fav!!

    Charlotte - http://www.alifeofacharlotte.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree with all of these, especially the PSL! I love that drink way to much. I love this time of the year so much it's so cosy!!
    Katie xo | KTMY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried it for the first time this weekend - I felt like such a cheat writing about it being incredible having not actually tried it, haha! All tested now and can vouch for the wonderful pumpkin-ness. :) x

      Delete
  9. cool post can't wait for Halloween!

    www.bstylevoyage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES! #2 and #4. I love candles and blankets. I could literally just light a candle, lay on my couch wrapped in a huge furry blanket and watch Netflix all day. Preferably with snow outside my window. There's just something so cozy about that.

    coffeeslag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah totally! Anything cosy and Netflix related is a massive plus in my mind. 100% agree! x

      Delete
  11. I love Autumn SO much! candles, leaves and hot chocolates are my fav things!

    Hannah at HNNHVNBLS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree - it's the perfect season! x

      Delete
  12. Autumn has always been my favourite, crunchy leaves and lovely smelling candles are my loves in this season. This is an absolutely lovely post

    emma
    Not Copper Armour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% yes to all of the above - candles are the very very best! x

      Delete

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.