Icy Snap

Let's talk winter. 

The days are getting shorter; the nights colder and the morning light no longer looks like the start of a new day, but like something that should still be snuggled up and left undisturbed in the midnight hours.

Getting out of bed is hard, cold and confusing - let's make the transition from bedclothes to work clothes a little easier with some help from Joules.

I love outerwear. 

I gravitate towards coats, scarves and hats like a planet in orbit - a planet that regularly collides with items and inevitably purchases them. I'm petite - standing at 5'3 I can easily be swamped by clothes - and if something is too oversized or not structured enough, I become my favourite alter ego of an indistinguishable block of material.

Joules' scarf collection hosts an abundance of nature and woodland inspired pieces - with a choice of material ranging from thin foil-printed cotton straight through to oversized woollen blanket wraps - so no matter what you are looking for, the chances are that you will invariably find it nestled within their extensive stock.  



I found this grey, black and white scarf huddled together with its brightly coloured counterparts in store at Solihull. It has a soft frayed edge with a check design throughout, and is rectangular in shape, so it locks in warmth without adding bundles of bulk. 

It adds a bright shot of white to whatever I am wearing, and suspends me in the belief that I may actually still be in bed - which is something of a miracle.

What is your go-to piece this winter? I am on the hunt for a new bobble hat - do you have any suggestions?


You may also like:

20 comments

  1. I'm one to gravitate towards outerwear as well though my problem does not rely in my height and body type more so the weather with which this body constantly interacts with; it is BLOODY HOT here, which is quite unfortunate for a sweater-obsessed, coat-obsessed, knit-obsessed girl like me. Ah. Woes and first world problems, the tragedy!

    I'm loving your scarf and gah, your lipstick colour is stunning!

    May | THE MAYDEN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha that must be so frustrating! I love summer clothes but the climate in the UK hardly allows for more than one week of warm weather before it rains again - I love the winter because it seems to be the only constant in temperature!

      Thank you - the lip colour is actually just a lip liner by Rimmel in Obsession x

      Delete
  2. The scarf looks lovely on you and it looks so cosy! My go to piece is actually a pair of biker boots, really practical for the weather but quite stylish too :)


    Velvet Blush | Beauty Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my favourite companion with me at work today!! I agree, boots are totally universal and great transitional pieces too. x

      Delete
  3. Great post! There's nothing better than a warm scarf! It sure make leaving a warm apartment much much easier :)
    xx
    SASHA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree - anything to make the transition better is welcomed! x

      Delete
  4. Great photos, dear! You look gorgeous (:

    www.caterina-m.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the scarf! Tartan scarves are my staple through Winter and I got a really nice bobble hat last year in Topshop!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I *love* Topshop's hats - River Island too, they always have such cute ones! x

      Delete
  6. Your makeup looks amazing, and I love the scarf!!

    Caroline | carolinevsworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline - that's very sweet! x

      Delete
  7. I love your scarf!!!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think I've worn it every day this week! x

      Delete
  8. Such a gorgeous scarf! I'm sure it's super warm and cosy! You look stunning :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally is - I don't want to take it off! Thank you, Tamara x

      Delete

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.