Bold lips and Liner Flicks


This is pretty much a go-to look for me. I can never choose between statement eyes or lips, so I often settle on this - a simple liner flick is the perfect partner for a bold lip.

I've used L'Oreal's Super Liner in Perfect Slim here to create a precise, jet-black line. I keep the pen close to my lash line and press on the colour using the width of the pen as a guide. It's a felt-tip end, so is super quick and easy to apply - and so forgiving when things occasionally (read: quite often) go wrong.

I'm in love with the L'Oreal Baby Roll Mascara at the moment - it throws on tonnes of volume, impact and colour in just a few sweeps. I'm a huge fan of the Miss Hippie Mascara, and this is quite similar.

My complexion has been cleaned up with the help of Collection's Lasting Perfection Concealer (I would be nowhere without this in my life), and set in place with Laura Geller's Balance'n'Brighten over the top to mattify and even skin tone.


I quickly dusted my brows with a little powder from Seventeen's Brow's That! Palette, applied with an angled liner brush from Laura Geller for precision. I don't like an over-drawn brow, so I just focus the product in the gaps I have in my natural brow to make them more cohesive.

Finally - the main impact comes from Barry M's Matte Me Lip in Pop Up. It's a liquid lipstick formula with a doe-foot applicator, making it ultra simple to sweep on. It's a wet consistency, meaning you have a lot of play time to perfect the shape of your lips before the product locks into place. I cleaned up my edges with a cotton-bud before it set, and dusted some powder on the edges to prevent any colour bleeding.

What do you think of this look? It's something simple but packs a punch of colour, and is perfect for Spring. Is it something you'll try out?
You may also like:

Post a Comment

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.