The Romantic Bardot


Bardot tops are everywhere this season, and it doesn't look like they'll go away any time soon. And there's good reason. Just look at them. It's taken me a little while to dip into the trend - but yesterday I did. Let's have a closer look at this beautiful piece of art (not even an exaggeration) from New Look.

I was drawn in by the print. I love dusky-pinks and light, romantic colours (my majority monochrome wardrobe would lead you to believe otherwise). It's a mesh fabric, meaning it glides over your body and doesn't cling. The mesh fabric dilutes the print, and makes it look a little faded and aged, which I love - there's nothing brash or garish about the floral print.

The Bardot element is flexible, as it's composed of shirred fabric. There are also two shirred sections on the elbow of each arm, adding a little volume to the slight bell-sleeve. This is my only bone of contention - they're a bit of a fiddle to get into a position that's comfortable. The neckline sits perfectly, giving you enough room to move around, but still keeping in place so you're not constantly adjusting. 

A little online research has thrown up two colour-ways: the pink tone (as pictured), and a white tone. If I'm honest, I think the website photography washes the print out, and makes it look less appealing than it looks in person. The colours, although not bright, are stronger than the website and are more definite.  


In the past I've shied away from Bardot tops because of my chest - hear me out, this is a legitimate sentence. I have a big chest for my figure, and I'm always conscious of it. The idea of something off-the-shoulder sounds barbaric to me - why would I want to emphasise that section of me when I always try to minimise it? This top is different. The mesh fabric gives a fluidity of movement, meaning that it doesn't cling or draw attention. Instead, it maintains integrity of its silhouette, and actually flatters my body as a result (in my opinion, anyway). 

I love this piece for Spring/Summer. Have you been on the Bardot trend for a while? I'd love to know your go-to combinations for styling them up!

You may also like:

1 comment

  1. That pink floral print bardot neck blouse is gorgeous for all the reasons you stated! You look fabulous wearing it, and the blue colour of your jeans complements the soft pink colour of the floral print blouse beautifully.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for popping some thoughts on my little corner of the internet. Please feel free to leave your links - there's nothing better than finding new blogs to love!

© flawedfairytale. Design by MangoBlogs.